After redesigning my website, I lost my Skinny Orange Chicken recipe post in the edit shuffle, which was heartbreaking because it was my most popular post! After getting messages and people asking where the missing page went, I decided the easiest thing to do would be to recreate this amazing and not-to-be-missed meal again. Plus, who doesn’t love a skinny version of a classic Chinese dish? Enjoy! ♥
- 3 Cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup of orange juice
- 1/2 Cup of honey
- 1/3 Cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup of rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. Of ground ginger
- Orange Zest
- Small pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Extras: Sliced green onions, Sesame seeds, orange zest (optional)
ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE DIRECTIONS
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
ORANGE CHICKEN DIRECTIONS
- Season your chicken generously with salt + pepper.
- Heatthe oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken + saute for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned + almost cooked through.
- Pour in your orange chicken sauce, + stir to combine. Let the sauce thicken by letting it come to a boil + then letting continue to boil for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve immediately over you choice of any type of rice or quinoa.
- Garnish with your thinkly-sliced green onions, sesame seeds + orange zest (optional).