Hi loves!! Happy Memorial Day Weekend!! Remember, if you want that summer body, keep up your hard work on the weekends with a light, but important workout! Today’s workout + song are designed to keep you moving and shaking while you master the moves that are going to help you get that coveted Brazilian Bikini Body Butt!
Do this workout once a week and then alternate with part 2 (also below), once a week. Alternating the workouts will help make it more challenging!
Check out "Double Bubble Trouble" by M.I.A.
SETS, REPS AND FREQUENCY
Beginners should aim for two sets of ten to 15 repetitions. If you’re fit, do two sets of 20 repetitions.
1. KNEELING GLUTE LIFT WITH PULSES
BODY PART TARGETED: BOTTOM (GLUTES)
- It’s easy to do, but very effective.
- Kneel on all fours
- Lift your left knee off the floor and flex your left foot (this is the starting position).
- Raise your left knee several inches higher, then lower it in a controlled movement back to the starting position.
- Complete one set of pulses and then hold the top position for several seconds.
- Perform your second set.
- Repeat with the right leg.
TIP: Don’t hyper-extend (over arch) your lower back.
2. SINGLE-LEG BRIDGE
BODY PART TARGETED: BOTTOM (GLUTES) AND REAR THIGHS (HAMSTRINGS)
- Lie on your back, bend your left leg and place your foot on the floor.
- Extend your right leg at a 45º angle and keep your knees together.
- Lift your bottom up off the floor.
- Lower your bottom back down towards the ground, but don’t let it touch the floor.
- Repeat one set on the left, and then switch over to the right.
TIP: Make sure you keep your hips level.
3. RESISTANCE BAND CRAB WALK
BODY PART TARGETED: BOTTOM (GLUTES) Jessical Biel is a fan!
- Stand with both feet on top of an exercise band.
- Cross the resistance band in front of your legs and hold the ends of the band.
- With your back straight and your shoulders back, take one step sideways, whilst keeping your legs straight.
- Bring your feet back together, then step towards the other side.
TIP: Use controlled movements and always keep tension in the exercise band.
4. SQUAT WITH KICKBACK
BODY PART TARGETED: BOTTOM (GLUTES), FRONT THIGHS (QUADRICEPS) AND REAR THIGHS (HAMSTRINGS)
- Stand with your legs shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Move into a squat position and put your weight on your heels
- Lift up your right leg straight behind you, while keeping your hips pointing forward (don’t twist them to the side) and extending arms forward.
- Return to starting position and switch sides.
TIP: Ensure you keep your back straight and look straight ahead throughout the range of motion
5. STANDING SIDE KICKS
BODY PART TARGETED: OUTER THIGHS (ABDUCTORS), BOTTOM (GLUTES) & BALANCE
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- With your hands on your hips, bend forward slightly for balance and lift your right leg off the floor.
- Bend the lifted leg and then extend your leg out to your side, to perform a kicking movement.
- Aim to do a full set before lowing your leg.
- Then switch sides.
TIP: If you struggle to keep your balance, hold onto a piece of furniture/ fixed object for stability.
6. EXPLOSIVE LUNGES
BODY PART TARGETED: OUTER THIGHS (ABDUCTORS) , BOTTOM (GLUTES) & BALANCE
- Stand with your shoulder-width feet apart and your hands resting on your hips.
- Take a step (lunge) forward with your right leg.
- Your front knee should be bent at a 90 degree angle and be align over your ankle.
- Jump and switch legs in midair. You should land with your left leg in a forward lunge.
TIP: Keep your upper body tall, don’t slouch.
Workout Pt. 2
1. BALL BRIDGE
BODY PART TARGETED: REAR THIGHS (HAMSTRINGS), BOTTOM (GLUTES), CALF MUSCLES (GASTROCNEMIUS) AND BALANCE
- Lie on your back on the floor and put both feet on the stability ball.
- Place your arms by your sides to help aid balance.
- Lift your hips off the floor (this is the starting position).
- Now bend your knees & roll the ball towards your butt.
- Push your hips up until you form a straight line between your knees, hips and shoulders.
TIP: If you get the cramp in the back of your legs or calf muscles, take a rest. Slowly build up until you can perform a full set.
2. STABILITY BALL GLUTE LIFT
AREA TRAINED: BOTTOM (GLUTES) AND CORE (TRANSVERSUS ABDOMINIS)
- Lie with your belly on top of a stability ball and place your hands firmly on the ground.
- Bend your left leg and flex your foot.
- Push your left heel up towards the ceiling and squeeze your bottom.
- Now, lower your leg until your knee touches the ball.
- Finish one set on the left side before repeating it with your right leg.
TIP: Keep your hips level and don’t bounce on the ball.
3. BENCH SIDE STEP-UP WITH SIDE LEG RAISE
AREAS TRAINED: INNER THIGHS (ADDUCTORS) AND BOTTOM (GLUTES)
- Stand on the floor with your right leg next to a step or bench.
- Place your right foot on the bench and turn your toes (of the right foot) out 45°.
- Step up onto your right leg and lift your left leg out to the side.
- Bring your left leg back in towards your right leg and lower it to the ground.
- Complete one entire set with your right foot on the step and then change sides.
TIP: Keep your tummy tight and squeeze your bottom to help your balance.
4. STABILITY BALL SIDE LEG LIFT WITH ROTATIONS
AREAS TRAINED: BOTTOM (GLUTES) AND BALANCE
The butt is made up of three layers of glute muscles. By adding rotations, you ensure that you work all three muscles to sculpt the butt from all angles.
- Kneel next to a stability ball and lean over the ball with your left side. Then extend your right leg out sideways with your foot on the ground.
- Now lift your extended right leg off the floor until it’s level with your hip.
- Hold this top position and rotate your leg in a circular movement clockwise. Lower your leg.
- Repeat this move, this time rotate your leg anti-clockwise.
- One rotation counts as one repetition.
- Complete one set with your right leg and then repeat with your left leg.
TIP: Your supporting leg, is also working hard, and will get tired as well.
5. DUMBBELL SUMO SQUATS
AREAS TRAINED: FRONT, BACK, INNER & OUTER THIGHS (QUADRICEPS, HAMSTRINGS, ABDUCTORS & ADDUCTORS) AND BOTTOM (GLUTES)
- Stand with your legs one-and-a-half times shoulder-width apart.
- Turn your feet out 45 degrees.
- Hold the end of a dumbbell between your legs with both hands.
- Now bend your knees until the dumbbell touches the floor.
- Return to the starting position.
TIP: Remember to keep your back straight and look straight ahead during the exercise.
6. ELASTIC BAND BRIDGE
AREAS TRAINED: BOTTOM (GLUTES) AND REAR THIGHS (HAMSTRINGS)
The extra resistance of the band will increase the resistance of this exercise, significantly increasing the toning effects on the butt.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and your feet firmly on the ground.
- Place an exercise band across your hips and hold the ends of the band on the floor either side of you.
- Now, lift your butt off the ground until you form a straight line between your knees, hips and shoulders. Your hips should be pressing up against the resistance band.
- Lower your butt back down to the ground, but don’t touch the floor.
TIP: You can make the exercise harder by doubling up the exercise band to increase resistance. The tighter you pull the band over your hips, the more resistance it’ll generate.